Avinash Persaud is currently Emeritus Professor of Gresham College. He was a Visiting Scholar at the IMF and ECB and Distinguished Advisor, Financial Sector Law Reform Commission of India. Mr. Persaud is a former senior executive of J. P. Morgan, UBS, State Street and GAM London Ltd. He is also former Governor, London School of Economics.
He won the Jacques de Larosiere Award in Global Finance from the Institute of International Finance and was voted one of the top three public intellectuals in the world on the financial crisis by a panel for Prospect Magazine.
- Non-Executive Chairman of Elara Capital PLC and Intelligence Capital Ltd
- Chairman, regulatory sub-committee of the UN Commission on Financial Reform
- Chairman, Warwick Commission
- Member of the UK Treasury’s Audit and Risk Committee and the Pew Task Force to the US Senate Banking Committee
- President of the British Association for the Advancement of Science (Section F) in 2010
- Director of the Global Association of Risk Professionals and the Royal Economics Society