Mr. Salterio built HSBC Panama from a green field operation to the leading financial banking institution of Panama and the Central American Region over 35 years. He has served as an advisor to successive presidents and legislative members of the Panamanian government, and was for more than 12 years, one of the 7 members of the Panamanian Banking Commission, the regulating entity under whose responsibilities laid the supervision, monitoring and control of the Panamanian Banking System. Mr. Salterio has been the founder of 5 banks including HSBC, Credicorp Bank and UniBank. He is also actively engaged in social and environmental programs and agricultural and cattle raising activities. Mr. Salterio was also a recipient in 2014 of the Order of the British Empire, OBE.
- CEO and Vice President of the Board of HSBC in Panama
- President of President of Hacienda La Raman
- President of S. A.
- President of Hacienda La Libertad
- President of J. S. Management & Consulting Group
- President of the British Chamber of Commerce, Panama